Get well soon, Mega - Stay Strong

(Posted initially in July 2017, had to copy it to this domain from a different one - Kindly ignore the timing of this post)

Everyday I walk into the office, Mega is mostly the first one I will meet and wish. The smile he offers will almost always give you the message that he has been waiting for you to come! Even if I'm rushing to attend the stand-up meeting, Mega doesn't really care - he will find some reason to stop me and talk. I'm not sure how long I need to wait to witness these moments again, I sincerely from the bottom of my heart wish and pray - it should happen very soon!
 
Mega breathes Cricket. He doesn't know what deep square leg is, has no idea on where deep mid-wicket is. He refers to short mid-wicket as power shot, God only can explain what that means. But give him the bat, he will deposit sixes at will over the top of all these fielders. He is as brutal a batsman as you can ever imagine - and with a terrific hit-rate as well. He terrorizes bowlers like not many others can. Self belief is his key and he possesses two of the strongest arms and shoulders I have ever seen. I want these to be fit and strong again! Less than a week ago, I saw him start an innings with 4 consecutive sixes. I want to see more of those! 


He is such a reliable bowler and can be called upon whenever we are under severe pressure. More often than not, he will deliver with some tight overs or a couple of crucial wickets. Mega is not the quickest on the field, but is safe as a bank whenever the ball comes towards him. I have seen him effect run-outs out of nowhere, using his flat rocket-like throws. If you are a batsman, you can choose to walk when Mega gets under a skier from your bat. He simply gobbles them! With the bat, with the ball or on the field, Divakar [skipper] trusts him more than how much he trusts himself!
 
Until you recover, you will be badly missed by all of us, Mega. We wish you a speedy recovery! May you go through very little pain, get filled with zero anxiety and lots of hope alone. You are priceless as a cricketer, wonderful as a friend, exceptional as a colleague and enormously loved as a human being! Stay strong, we are all with you - waiting for you on the field and praying!



Comments

  1. It's been a year since this mishap and a lot has happened during this time. Mega has recovered so nicely, come back to the field and played his trademark big innings, got married and is living happily :-) The face has changed a bit but the spirit has remained undiminished. Mega is a true rockstar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Babu, you are the only person taking more care on me. I want your relationship lifelong. Eagerly waiting to see you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"Super" - Directed and Acted by Upendra

How to make best use of your lock-down time?

HRIDYAA - Cute and little she maybe, but the impact she creates is massive!